WordCamps are meant to be occasions where WordPress enthusiasts meet, share and learn. So we aren’t exactly looking for speakers. We need facilitators for useful sharing, teachers for effective learning and expert guides to the WordCamp experience of our awesome partcipants.
If you have any of the above and a passion for sharing knowledge, please fill the form at the bottom
.We stop accepting applications on 9th of July, 2015 or sooner if we fill all our slots.
We have extended the deadline to the 19th of July. However, we have very few slots left. So please hurry up!
We aren’t going to wait till the last date; we’re very excited to speak to our speakers and finalise them. Better hurry up! 🙂
- 5 min for short, lightning talks/pitches + QnA
- 20 min for traditional lectures + QnA
- 40 min to 3 hrs for workshops
- 20 or 40 min for any other activity + QnA
Sessions in मराठी and हिन्दी are preferred over sessions in English. Apply to speak in मराठी and हिन्दी and see what we do to accomodate you.
- The session has to be related to WordPress.
- The session including the QnA must be completed within the alloted time. You need to KISS (= Keep It Short and Simple). However, we have a Session Overflow feature if you need to extend the QnA or discuss something in detail with some/all of your audience.
- Speakers are expected to pay for their own travel and stay, just like every other participant.
- Just like everyone else, speakers are expected to participate in the whole WordCamp. Coming in only for your session and then leaving is rude and looked down upon by the community, unless you really have to.
- Just like everyone else, speakers are also subject to the WordCamp Code of Conduct.
- We receive your application.
- The curation team studies it, watches the demos provided and gets in touch with you.
- From here, we start obtaining more details in stages and at every stage decide if we wish to go further.
- Towards the end, we help you prepare a session plan and if we feel it is needed, we ask for a mock presentation in person or via skype/hangouts.
- Once we are sure, we’ll announce your name and session on the WordCamp Pune website.
- Once we have the number of sessions we need, we complete and announce the schedule!
- After 9th of July, we close the form.
The sidebar tells you where to find us! 😉 We respond to tweets, posts, mails and more.
The form is embedded below. We know embeds suck at times, so here’s a link for WordCamp Pune 2015 Speaker Application Form.